samedi 5 mai 2012

[Design with CSS 3708] em takes font-size from parent not body

I have a bunch of pages on my site where the fonts are resizeable.  I am using JavaScript to change the font-size in the body and using em units throughout the pages to make the text proportional throughout.  I am using a control from a third part.  Actually quite a few of them.  These controls get nested.  I have test in the inner-most level that is set to 1em.  What SHOULD happen is that when the font-size is changed on the body, that change should cascade to these inner elements.  However, there is a problem (therefore, this post ;)  )  Somewhere along the line the 3rd party control is setting the font to 12px. No matter what I do to the body's font-size, the inner-most elements are unaffected.  Unfortunately, I think that is EXACTLY right in the way it was designed.  However, that doesn't mean I have to like it!  I want my em units to be based on the body's size not the containing element's.  Is there any way to get that done?


Thanks in advance!
--Larry--

--
--
You received this because you are subscribed to the "Design the Web with CSS" at Google groups.
To post: css-design@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe: css-design-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire